Ads Top

Knife attack in Dresden: Syrian wanted to kill "infidels"


Dresden - According to an expert, the accused in the case of the fatal knife attack on a homosexual couple in Dresden acted for extremist Islamic motives. The Syrian Abdullah al HH has had to answer before the higher regional court in Dresden since Monday because he allegedly attacked two domestic tourists in the Saxon capital with a knife and killed one of the two in the process.

As reported by the Bild newspaper and the German Press Agency, the recognized refugee who came to Germany in 2015 had talked for hours with the forensic psychologist in March. As a result, the alleged assassin referred to a sura in the Koran, according to which "unbelievers" should be killed.

Admittedly stabbed, but "not with the heart"
The expert stated that the accused had expressed himself in an “irritating self-critical way” about the crime. Accordingly, he reproached himself for not being strong enough, because he had stabbed, but "not with the heart". The 21 year old couldn't see anything wrong. He only regretted not having reached an understanding with representatives of the IS caliphate beforehand and having sworn allegiance to the terrorist organization.

The defender of the Syrian interpreted these statements as a confession. “In this respect, the cat is out of the bag. He has admitted the act. It is the right perpetrator in court here.” The murder criteria mentioned by the federal prosecutor's office are also fulfilled. However, it is still a question of whether juvenile criminal law or preventive detention would be applied. In the trial, the accused does not want to comment and "defend himself in silence".

The indictment accuses Abdullah al HH of having planned an attack for years. For the Syrian, the two victims were "representatives of a liberal and open social order that he rejected as 'unbeliever'". He wanted to punish the men for the alleged "serious sin" with death.

The accused has a criminal record and sparked a debate on deportation
The accused had already been sentenced to a youth sentence before the Dresden Higher Regional Court in 2018 for ISIS propaganda, which had been increased after several attacks on officials in prison. He was released from custody at the end of September 2020, and a few days later he is said to have attacked the two vacationers.

The case subsequently sparked a debate about deportations of those who pose a risk to society. Abdullah al HH was also regarded as such. The head of the Saxon State Criminal Police Office, Petric Kleine, said a few weeks after the crime that it could have been prevented "if a deportation or expulsion had been carried out".

In December, the federal and state interior ministers decided that those who are dangerous could be deported to Syria again at the beginning of 2021.

No comments:

Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

Powered by Blogger.